Designed using a non-Cartesian structure and utilising linear motors and mechanical bearings, as its name implies, the award-winning Xtreme CNC CMM provides a robust solution for providing precision inspection results. The unique CMM’s advantageous configuration ensures that it maintains its accuracy at very fast measurement rates and does not suffer from the accumulative inaccuracies that occur in conventional 3-axis Cartesian designs.
The Xtreme is a self-contained inspection unit. It has no air bearings, so no requirement for compressed air – just plug it in and go. Built-in temperature control and a compact footprint allow the Xtreme to be placed wherever it is needed.
Another unique advantage of the Xtreme is that all of the struts are controlled to operate at 40°C. This means that the measurement structure of the Xtreme will always be at a constant temperature even when the ambient environment is not controlled and hence measurement accuracy will be maintained.
The innovative Xtreme is an evolution of CMM technology. However, it is the price of the Xtreme that will have such a significant effect on the market, with the potential for multiple units replacing a single inspection room CMM, ensuring that measurement is provided close to where it is required.
- No compressed air required - the Xtreme is 'plug and go'
- The Xtreme's mechanical bearings mean that it is robust, so ideal for less than perfect environments
- Built-in temperature control - accuracy is maintained even when ambient temperature is not controlled
- Aberlink's revolutionary easy-to-use measurement software
- Shortest learning curve of any equivalent system - 1 day without prior CMM experience
- Smallest overall footprint of any comparable size CMM
- Aberlink 3D measurement software for touch probe feature inspection
- Windows based controller
- Integrated keyboard and monitor
- Renishaw TP20 probe system
- Aberlink probe stylus kit
- Aberlink Ø19mm sphere CMM requalification kit
- User training course - up to 4 trainees and software user guide
- 12 months full parts and labour warranty
- Free-of-charge telephone helpdesk support
- Free upgrades of software for the life of the machine
|Axis Travel (mm)||X 300
|Overall Size (mm)||X 770
Z 2025 (when on bench)
|Volumetric Accuracy||3µm + L/250mm|
|Operational Temp Range||0 - 45°C|
|Table||Solid granite plate|
|Max. Velocity Vector||750mm/sec|
|Max. Acceleration Vector||750mm/sec²|
|Required Air Pressure||Not required|
Fill in the yellow input boxes and see how quick the return on investment for an Aberlink CMM would be.